Thursday, March 13, 2008

My New Tote - I LOVE IT

OK...so I have gone through several bags lately. I always care a bag along with a purse/handbag to carry my organizer, my journal, my camera, my wedding books, wedding journal/ idea book and any other random thing I might need. I wanted something big and durable. I had this fabric I was dying to do something with. I LOVE IT..... One strap so nothing is in the way (tiny ppl could probably wearing it across the body, but It kind of hangs like a messenger bag. The one handle has more to do with not wanting to turn another "tubing" inside out. I used a linen lining and two pieces of canvas finished with grosgrain ribbon. The canvas allowed for dividers in the bag and helps keep things sturdy. I didn't like the edge and didn't want to sew anymore, so I glued a grosgrain ribbon on the edge of the canvas. I finished it all off with a decorative edge and ties to keep things closed. I do not like zippers on my totes b/c It takes longer to get into. I also put in a oranizer with elastic banding to hold in items such as scissors.





No comments: